1 year ago
#9 Quote
Improved condensing water heater setup, We decided to improve the setup by leaving the filter tube; open by connecting the end of the 3 inch tube with a 90 PVC, it should be easy to see what is going on and feed the filter with new media.

As it show in photo the pipe is open and easy to feed the media for the filter to do its job. The condense water from the instant water heater is draining on to the 3 inch pipe where the media is store and working as a filter for the acidic water from the water heater. I also make the connection to exit the 3 inch pipe half way, but at the end of the pipe, which should drain slow to the exit 3/4 pipe on the back slowly. The 3 inch pipe is acting as a filter  for the acidic water lowering the acid on the water.

Acidic water damage drain pipes, cement and corrode metal, by the acidic water passing by the 3 inch pipe full of crush marble will lower the acid on the water and raise the ph level  of the discarded water of the water heater,

Now with these setup we should be able to see and feed the crush marble onto the pipe for better maintenance of the system and help protect the drain pipe of the property, by raising the Ph of the water produce by the high efficient instant water heater.

Here is a photo of previous setup done by me. Which in order to feed more media to the 3 inch pipe, I have to come with tools to open the pipe and draining the water of the filter to feed the new media on to the 3 inch pipe.